Pure honey, 100% natural, is a powerful ingredient, rich in vitamins and minerals, and widely consumed for over 2,500 years, thanks to its versatility in combining with other foods and the benefits it brings to the body.
However, buying from a reputable source is essential, as adulterated honey, or honey mixed with sugar, loses all its medicinal properties.
Therefore, we wrote this article to show you everything that honey is capable of doing for your body and give you tips on how to differentiate pure from adulterated, in addition to wanting to introduce you to Southern Mina’s honey, recognized as the best in the country.
Benefits of Pure Honey
In addition to having a lot of sugar and carbohydrates and being a quick source of energy replacement, pure honey also has vitamins, proteins, and minerals that bring many benefits to the body.
- Strengthening of the immune system, especially when combined with propolis ;
- Balance of blood pressure, due to the high amount of potassium present in the food;
- Antioxidant action: Reduces the presence of free radicals, helping to prevent cell aging and the onset of diseases such as Alzheimer’s;
- Improves the appearance of hair and skin: As it is rich in phenolic acids, flavonoids, and carotenoids, it contributes to the reduction of free radicals and prevents the appearance of wrinkles and aging marks;
- Good for respiratory problems and sore throat: Some bacteria, such as Haemophilus influenza and Mycobacterium tuberculosis, are sensitive to the antibacterial action of honey. Therefore, this food not only has a curative action but, above all, preventive action in diseases such as sinusitis, pneumonia, and tuberculosis;
- Improves intestinal flora, as it contains enzymes that aid in the digestion of food and, consequently, relieves constipation;
- Reduction of stress and insomnia: Glycogen is the energy reserve used for the brain’s normal functioning, and honey is capable of producing it in the liver. These stores prevent the release of hormones that cause stress and insomnia.
Varieties of Honey
As we know, at each time of the year, the appearance of a specific flowering prevails. And it is the type of flower the bee uses to collect the nectar that will define the honey’s taste, aroma, and color.
Some of the best-known variations are:
- Wild Honey: It comes from different flowers and, therefore, the most consumed in the country. Among the benefits mentioned above, it is more suitable for those looking for antioxidant actions, skin beautification, and reduction of stress and insomnia.
- Eucalyptus Honey: With a more robust flavor and darker color, it is ideal for treating respiratory, intestinal, and urinary tract diseases.
How to combine honey with other foods
You may not know it, but eating honey together with other foods is more effective than consuming it separately. That’s because the combination makes extract more nutrients, and those who think that it only combines in sweet dishes, salads, or cereals are mistaken.
The combination of honey and milk is great before bed to soothe and ensure a peaceful and insomnia-free night.
This is justified because milk is rich in tryptophan, an amino acid that improves the feeling of well-being and prepares the body for sleep. Honey, which is also a source of this substance, facilitates its absorption.
How to differentiate pure honey from adulterated honey
Pure honey should be acquired through trade prizes to sell honey to records and inspection of seals, as does the Lojinha Uai.
Prices are good indicators of quality because while serious beekeepers spend a lot of time and adequate infrastructure to produce honey, counterfeiters mix fructose syrup or glucose in their food, making the process cheaper.
Honey, when pure, is more solid and consistent and, when resting a spoon in the liquid, it does not sink.
It also does not go through the filtering and heating process. So when honey is genuine, it will crystallize.
To reverse the crystallization process, heat it in a water bath at up to 40ºC and never in the microwave, as high temperatures are responsible for the loss of nutrients. Now that you know all the benefits of pure honey in Pakistan, you will undoubtedly introduce it to your diet.
Read More : 6 ways to keep you phone secure