Though many food delivery apps exist in the world now, only a few survive by capturing a sizable user base and a significant market share.
Uber Eats is one of those leading food ordering and delivery apps with a strong presence in 45 countries and 6000 cities. Uber Eats has innovated regularly and expanded into new markets.
How entrepreneurs can benefit by developing an online food ordering marketplace?
- All the different cuisines of restaurants are listed on the marketplace offering customers more choices and flexibility.
- The food ordering and delivery business can be strengthened via an Initial Public Offering (IPO) to raise funds and expand the services.
- In the same vein, food ordering is increasing with every passing day in countries like the USA, UAE, and India.
- Foodies will use food delivery apps as they can order affordable dishes because of offers and discounts.
- The European online food delivery market is expected to be valued at a whopping $20.27 billion by 2026 growing at an impressive 5.83% every year.
What is the meaning of the UberEats Clone App?
- It is a customized and ready-made food ordering and delivery app.
- The UberEats clone app contains various cuisines from different restaurants.
- The UberEats Clone solution includes smoothly-operating Android and iOS apps for users, delivery executives, and a robust admin dashboard.
- Moreover, assistance is given for technical support, maintenance services, bug-fixing, and issuing new software updates.
How does a Food Delivery App Like UberEats function?
- All four stakeholders, the customers, delivery personnel, restaurant staff, and the admin have to register on the UberEats clone.
- The users can view the available cuisines offered by various restaurants and know the prices.
- He/She adds the desired food items to the cart and processes the order.
- The customer can make the required payment online (debit cards, credit cards, digital wallets, net banking, PayPal, Stripe, Google Pay) or opt for cash on delivery (COD).
- The concerned restaurant receives the order request and starts preparing the dishes soon.
- The restaurant assigns the nearest delivery executive for order fulfillment.
- The delivery personnel utilizes the in-built navigation option to reach the users’ location quickly.
- The delivery executive gives the order to the customers and can receive the required amount of cash.
- Further, the users can rate the quality of food on a scale of 1-5. They can review the professionalism of delivery personnel in the feedback system.
What are the different business models that can be used for creating a food delivery app?
- The food ordering app is an aggregator that lists menus of thousands of restaurants.
- Users can view the different dishes and prices available and process their orders.
- The restaurants can fix the prices of food. The ordering aggregator determines the commission rate based on the order value and the restaurant type.
- Restaurants pay a fee to get listed at the top of the ordering app. This helps the eateries to attract more customers easily.
- Restaurants have to deploy their own fleet for door delivery of food to the users.
Food Ordering and Delivery Model
- The operational scope of this business model is broader than the previously mentioned Aggregator concept.
- The restaurants only have to prepare food based on the requests of the customers. The platform takes care of order processing and delivery tasks.
- The platform has full freedom to fix the order processing charges and the delivery fees.
- This benefits eateries as the costs are less in the absence of spending on logistics management and paying salaries to the delivery executives.
- The food ordering and delivery platform deduct commission and delivery fees.
The attractive features of the UberEats clone app are
- Real-time tracking – Users can track their food orders on a real-time basis via GPS integration. They can monitor the delivery executives till he/she reaches their location.
- An advanced search and filter option – Customers can find their desired food by entering the keyword, type of cuisine (veg or non-veg), price, location, and ratings.
- Flexible order cancellation – Users can cancel their orders anytime before the delivery personnel picks up the food from the restaurant. If the pick-up is processed, the customers pay a small cancellation fee.
- Access to earnings reports for the delivery executives – The delivery staff can know their total earnings over a period by viewing details about the commission and bonus earned for each order. It displays their balances on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. They can link their bank account or digital wallet to withdraw their income anytime.
- The availability of discounts and offers.
- Implementation of surge pricing during adverse weather conditions and while delivering food on public holidays.
- Instant sharing of notifications.
- Quick generation of digital invoices.
- Provision of 24×7 multilingual technical support.
The frequency of food ordering will rise in the future as people prefer it as an alternative to cooking. Entrepreneurs have to watch these trends closely. They can reduce the delivery time by taking proactive measures and monetize their Food delivery app like UberEats. Subsequently, it helps them make a big impact in the industry soon.