All kids love games. However, with the advent of information technology, computers have supplanted simple outdoor entertainment. Children are increasingly immersed in the virtual world, where they spend hours of their free time. Consider how computer games affect a child.
Why do children love computer games?
Computer games are a way to escape reality. Many children have problems with school, parents or friends. The virtual world is a great opportunity to escape from injustice, gray everyday life. It’s just that playing is more interesting than doing homework.
Let’s consider the main reasons for the popularity of computer games among children.
- Sociality. Video games are designed in such a way that players must communicate with each other. They form entire teams to achieve a common goal. Nowadays, many computer games resemble social networks and instant messengers, so players can socialize and communicate.
- Complexity. Computer games are complex, therefore they contribute to the development of purposefulness in the child, motivate him to continue playing again and again, and also endow him with the meaning of life.
- Continuous development. The developers stimulate their players with constant character development. Over time, he becomes stronger, the child begins to feel more confident.
- Awards and motivation. In life, we do not develop as progressively as in the game. In the virtual world, the child receives a reward for his efforts: and the further, the greater the reward.
Also Read :Obtain upcoming & unique NHL Daily Picks
Computer games are good or bad
It all depends on the computer games that the child prefers. For example:
- “Shooting” or shooters develop concentration, attention, but some games contain scenes of fighting and violence, so parental control will not hurt.
- Educational games. With their help, the child can develop thinking, memory, imagination, hand motor skills. Nowadays, many computer games are being created for different ages, aimed at learning and development.
The negative impacts of io games on children
Despite the positive aspects, the negative impact of computer best io games on children cannot be denied. Abusing them can harm the child’s physical and mental health. Games can lead to:
- Aggressiveness and anger. Computer games are a kind of causative agent of an aggressive state. A child may behave viciously by imitating a character in the virtual world. Children prone to aggression can choose games where scenes of violence and cruelty prevail. Anger can cause you to lose the game.
- Gambling addiction. The child correlates himself with the character of the game and gradually goes into the virtual world. His whole life completely turns into a game: he falls in love, communicates, makes friends and even builds a family. Psychologists distinguish the following signs of gambling addiction: loss of time count, change in consciousness, antisocial orientation.
- Back problems. When computer games are abused, the muscles in the neck and upper back are affected.
- Decreased visual acuity. Long stay at the computer has a negative effect on the organs of vision. There is a burning sensation in the eye area, dryness. It is necessary to do special exercises for the organs of vision.
Rules for working at the computer
- It is necessary to clean the room in which the computer is located every day, and also to ventilate the room every 10 minutes.
- For dust deposited on the monitor, you need to use special wipes that do not leave streaks.
- The mouse and keyboard should be thoroughly cleaned regularly with a special cleaner and cloth.
- It is necessary to turn off the computer after work, do not leave it on overnight.
- Your back should be straight while working at the computer. If necessary, you need to change the chair to a more comfortable one.
- It is important to take breaks every 15 minutes, do not forget about exercise and gymnastics for the eyes.
- Do not eat near the computer.
Standards of working time at the computer:
- up to 5 years – no more than 10 minutes;
- 5-7 years old – 15-20 minutes;
- 7-11 years old – 20-30 minutes;
- 12-14 years old – 30-45 minutes;
- 15-16 years old – 1-2 hours.
When equipping a workplace for a child, it is necessary to purchase a chair that matches his age. Too “mature” furniture can put stress on the spine and organs of vision. The monitor should be 60 cm from the eyes of the child. The screen should be positioned so that light from light sources or the sun does not create glare.
Correct posture at the computer:
- feet are on a special stand or on the floor parallel to each other;
- the hips are parallel to the floor line;
- back – perpendicular to the floor line;
- the wrists are bent at a 20-degree angle;
- the head is slightly down.
Why are computer games useful?
Many people believe that computer games have a negative impact on the psyche and physical development of the child and do not have any benefit. However, they have a number of useful properties:
- They develop logical thinking, memory and attention. Some types of play have a positive effect on the child. For example, platformer programs develop spatial orientation, strategic planning, logic, and stimulate memory. Puzzle games can help you get rid of anxious thoughts, reduce cravings for overeating, and even heal disorders.
- Improves response. Despite the fact that spending a long time at the computer screen negatively affects vision, there are games that have a positive effect on the child’s eyes. Popular shooters improve the ability to distinguish between the finest details and subtle shades of gray. They also stimulate the work of the parietal and frontal lobes of the brain.
- Relieve stress. Computer games are beneficial for the child’s psyche: they relieve stress, help get rid of depression and lift the mood.
Educational computer games for children
Now they are developing many colorful educational computer games for children. They lay down programming skills, teach the basics of mathematics, physics, geometry. Games that lay the foundations of robotics are especially popular. For example, Lego My City. The game was created based on the famous construction set. With its help, the child learns better about the computer, learns to solve various logic puzzles and go through quests.