Do you want to book an extra seat but don’t know its process?
Well, don’t worry. Get to know about the seating requirements and discover your preferred seats on Southwest Airlines and choose the right seat for you.
Southwest Airlines is one of the major flag carriers of America and the world’s largest ultra-low-cost airline, serving the top-notch in-flight services onboard the plane along with extensive customer care services to all its passengers. If you have made Southwest Airlines reservations, you will get a premium-class travel experience, super comfortable and reclining seats, and a great meal for a seamless journey. The airline understands the need and importance of wide and comfortable seats. Therefore it provides passengers with an extra seat purchase on their flight before the scheduled departure. Depending on the needs and convenience, a passenger may or may not buy an additional seat or simply upgrade the existing one.
Why would one want an extra seat on the plane?
There can be many reasons for booking an extra seat before the scheduled flight departure. A few of them are given below.
- One might want an additional seat because of their size.
- Since the world has already experienced the consequences of the deadly virus, Covid-19, many passengers would like to sit in isolation so that they can follow the protocols of social distancing.
- Some passengers might be traveling with some important or precious stuff, and they would want to keep it safe from any external damage.
Terms and Conditions on Extra Seat Policy and Customer of Size on Frontier Airlines
Recently, Southwest Airlines shared that they have increased the seat specifications from 17.1 to 17.8 inches in width on its Economy, ensuring a comfortable, peaceful, and hassle-free journey during the flight.
- Many flyers might not know about the customer size policy, which states that you will have to book an extra seat to fly comfortably during the flight if you are plus-size and traveling. There is no exact weight limit for a passenger who wants an extra seat on the plane as per the seating policy.
- Earlier, the airline refunded the amount of an extra seat to the passengers if the seats were sold out. But now, they offer the extra seat for free on their future flight.
- Customers of size who don’t wish to buy an extra seat at the time of making Southwest Airlines reservations have the opportunity to buy one seat and later talk to the customer service executive at the departure gate about their seating needs. If they prove their requirements for a second or a third seat are genuine, they will get the accommodation along with a complimentary seat.
- As per the policy, customers of size can request a refund of their additional seats after traveling through the email at the airline’s official email address or talking to the live person by dialing the toll-free helpline number.
- Ensure that you have to be an active passenger if you want to secure more than one seat.
- The seat selection fee for the first seat ranges between $40 to $50, depending on the itinerary of your Southwest Airlines reservations.
- The airline has its open seating policy which states that seats are not assigned in advance. Rather a flyer is given a flight boarding group A, B, and C along with boarding positions between 1 to 60.
- Suppose you have bought an expensive Business Select or Anytime Fare for your first seat. You can purchase the second seat at a discounted Child’s fare. All you have to do is call on the customer care contact number and request the flight executive to book an extra fare at the Child’s fare on your behalf.
What is the procedure for booking extra seats online on Southwest Airlines?
Southwest Airlines ensures that every passenger during the flight gets their desired seats and also offers them additional travel assistance. If you have specific seat requirements, like you want to sit on a window seat or an aisle, it is best to make an advance seat reservation. However, if you don’t, the airline will randomly assign the seats on the plane, and it may not necessarily assure the same row seats for a group of passengers.
To begin with the extra seat selection, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Reach the Southwest Airlines official site and open its search API.
- Enter the arrival and departure cities of your flight reservations on the specified columns.
- Choose your travel date.
- Select one extra seat under the ‘Who’s Flying’ category. Enter your name in the column of the first passenger and put XS for the middle name for the second seat.
- Fill in the number of seats you want for your travel needs. For instance, if you need an extra seat for an oversized person, you can book three seats.
- Once you have filled in all the details, click on the search button.
- In the next step, you have to complete the selection description of ‘Who is Flying’ by giving the passenger’s details.
- Now you will see the payment options to complete your purchase for an extra seat.
- Pay through your debit card, credit card, or other payment forms.
As soon as you complete the payment process for an extra seat, the airline will send a confirmation mail to your registered email address. In addition, you will receive your Southwest Airlines reservations number in the same email reference link, which you have to show during flight check-in at the airport.
How to book an extra seat on Southwest Airlines via a phone call?
You can also book an extra seat on Southwest Airlines. However, if you face trouble or want to ask anything about the seating policy, call on the customer care phone number. The executive will help you sort out your seating assignment issue and give complete details that can help you complete your seat selection process. He can also tell you about the availability of the best seats so that you can book or purchase accordingly. However, if you want to buy the best seat, make sure to check in exactly 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure from the free mobile app or the airline’s official site.
See more: American Airlines Reservations.