Brother Printers have significantly gained popularity because of their cost-effectiveness and durability. You can set up a Brother Printer for both your home and small office to fulfill your wired as well as wireless printing requirements. Wireless-enabled devices such as laptops, smartphones, tabs, etc. can be connected to the wireless network and print documents wirelessly. However, instances occur when you encounter issues like Brother Printer offline or notice that the Brother Printer won’t print black. While such issues can be frustrating, you can follow some simple troubleshooting steps to get rid of them and ensure the printer’s continued functioning. Read on to explore how to fix Brother Printer issues on Windows and on Mac systems to start an all-new printing experience.
Why Does My Brother Printer Keep Going Offline?
One of the most common issues of Brother Printers, Brother wireless printer offline can occur because of multiple reasons. Users often wonder how to fix Brother Printer issues on Windows. Issues related to Wi-Fi, connectivity, inappropriate printer setting, and power supply often triggers a Brother Printer to go offline. A few more factors that is responsible for Brother Printer offline Windows 10 issue are as follows:
- Paper jamming
- Ink toner blockage
- Printer is not set to default
- Connectivity issues between the printer and the device you are printing from
- Print job stuck in queue
- Outdated or corrupt printer drivers
- If “Use offline mode” is selected, you will encounter the Brother Printer offline issue.
My Brother Printer Won’t Print Black! How To Fix It?
If your Brother Printer won’t print black, you should first check for the required ink levels. If the ink level is low, you should replace the ink cartridge immediately. Here’s how to check the ink levels of your Brother Printer:
- Open the printer access door and locate the ink cartridge.
- When the ink carrier moves to the center, push the cartridge clips gently and remove the ink cartridge from the printer.
- Check if the ink levels are sufficient. If not, replace the cartridge with a new one.
Another reason for the occurrence of Brother Printer won’t print black issues is because the ink cartridges are clogged. To clean this, you can use a pin and remove the clog inside the cartridge. Alternatively, you can use a different ink cartridge to check if your Brother Printer can recognize cartridges. You can also try cleaning the printhead by following the series of steps listed below:
- Turn off the printer and open the printer access door.
- Locate the print head and gently remove it from the printer.
- Grab a clean cloth and soak it in lukewarm water. Squeeze out the excess water and clean the printhead properly.
- Leave the printhead to dry and then put it back to the original position.
How To Download Brother Printer Drivers for Mac and Windows?
Your newly purchased Brother Printer comes with the printer driver CD. To ensure proper setup and functioning of the printer, you must install this driver on your computer. However, instances happen when you might not receive the printer driver CD along with the printer package. In such cases, you need to manually download Brother Printer drivers Windows 10 or Mac. All you need to do is first open a web browser on your computer and visit Brother’s official website. The next step requires you to type the model number of the printer into the search bar and click on the “Download” link to download the printer driver.
How Do I Connect My Brother Printer To WiFi on Mac?
If you have a Mac and have recently started using a Brother Printer, you might wonder how to connect Brother Printer to WiFi. While the process of connecting the printer to Mac doesn’t require you to have any technical expertise, you must ensure strict adherence to the correct procedure. Otherwise, you might end up with some drastic changes to the printer settings which could again consume a long time to fix. Follow the below-mentioned steps to connect your Brother Printer to Mac:
- Turn on the printer and ensure that the power LED is lit.
- Note down your wireless network name (SSID) and the password on a piece of paper. You will require these details later.
- Enable the wireless feature of the printer and then press the WPS button on your router.
- Use the printer’s control panel to navigate to the list of available wireless networks in range.
- Locate your SSID from the list of available wireless networks and tap on it. You can refer to the note you’ve made earlier.
- Enter the wireless password in the blank field and tap on “Connect”.
After completing the steps mentioned above, if you notice that the Brother Printer not connecting to WiFi Mac or Brother Printer not connecting to Mac wireless, perform a quick restart of the network by plugging out the power adapter of the printer and your Mac for about two minutes and then reconnecting them.
Tips To Connect Brother Printer To Computer
Now that you have read how to connect a Brother Printer to your Mac and Brother Printer offline issue, read on to explore the process of connecting a Brother Printer to a computer. You can use both the wired as well as wireless connection for setting up your Brother Printer with the computer. A wired connection allows you to print using any of the computers connected to the router through Ethernet cables. All you need to do is plug one end of the Ethernet cable to the LAN port of the printer and another to one of the LAN ports on your router. If your computer is also connected to the router via Ethernet cable, you can use the Brother Printer for printing via wired connection.
However, if you want to use a wireless connection, you might wonder how do I connect my Brother Printer to my computer wirelessly. The wireless connection of the printer and your computer requires you to first connect the computer to the wireless network. You must ensure that the Brother Printer is also connected to the same wireless network. Once both the connections are established, you can use your computer to print wirelessly. However, if you encounter issues like Brother Printer offline not connecting to computer, check if there are any jammed papers and ensure that the printer is set to default.
Whether you want to use Brother Printers for your home or small office, you can use them to fulfill both the wired and wireless printing requirements. However, issues like Brother Printer offline, Brother Printer won’t print black, etc. might often hamper your productivity at work. A such, you might wonder how to fix Brother Printer issues on Windows or on Mac devices. .To resolve such issues, you can follow the various troubleshooting methods mentioned here and ensure proper functioning of the device.
Brother Printer in error state Windows 10
How to Setup Brother Printer