After a woman gives birth to a baby, she needs particular types of care which are called postpartum care or post-pregnancy care. It is very important not only for the mother but also for the overall health and future of the baby that the mother should be taken care of. Especially, the first six months after delivery is the period when special care has to take, and the mother feels as if she is always taking care of her baby only with anxiety.
“Postpartum depression is a very real and very serious problem for many mothers. It can happen to a first-time mom or a veteran mother. It can occur a few days… or a few months after childbirth.” – Richard J. Codey
Take Ample Rest
After your hard and sleepless time in the hospital for delivering a baby, your body needs ample sleep and rest which you have to give priority to whenever you can. Sometimes, your baby will get up and keep crying for your attention. And that is why, doctors advice to sleep you whenever your baby sleeps, and it is a proven nice idea, you will see. For your rest and sound sleep and proper breastfeeding, do not allow visitors if possible, or allow as few visitors as possible, at least for the first fifteen days after your delivery. Whether you are pregnant for the first time you have put more attention to your health. However, after giving birth to babies every woman faces some common difficulties including blooding, Brest pain, etc. Taking to additional rest can relieve you from that cases.
Wisely Reduce Back Pain
Because of your pregnancy for months of time and hard work during giving birth, your entire spine and back had been under serious pressure, and it is very common to have continuous back pain till at least one month after your delivery and so, proper care should be taken on this regard. Wise ways include not lifting anything bending your spine, and not lifting anything heavier than your baby. Watching some videos on YouTube about postpartum back exercises and working them out duly.
Surrogacy is another alternative way to parenthood where a surrogate mother carries and gives birth to a baby for its biological parents. Whether you get pregnant through surrogacy, you might follow the same guidelines as post pregnancy care after giving birth to babies. However, you have to follow all the pregnancy guidelines that given by your doctor. Thus you are working as a surrogate mother like madre surrogate so you have to maintain the appropriate post-pregnancy guidelines from your surrogacy agency.
Other Cares You Must Take
There are many other steps that you should take to ensure proper care of yourself after you give birth. Some of them include:
- Drink at least 10 glasses of liquid including water, juice, and milk.
- Take extra sufficient nutritious food both for your recovery and for the production of milk in your body to feed your baby.
- Acne and pigmentation may be seen, and it is common, and therefore, do not be anxious about these.
- Depression is a common symptom for postpartum women, and so, you should involve in some entertaining activities like walking in the flower garden.
- Do not let milk be stored in your breast for a long time. Either feed it to the baby or just squeeze it out. It will keep producing again and again from your gland, so do not worry about it.
- Take the help of your husband, family, and friends in cooking, cleaning, and other household chores.
If you have gone through the above lines, you now know the basic method of taking care of yourself after gave birth to a baby girl or boy, especially for the first forty-five days. How important it is now for you to maintain these rules to ensure smart care!