The on-demand economy has been on the rise recently, as app-based businesses provide consumers with greater convenience and flexibility. There is an app for everything like Uber for Handyman, from food delivery to ride-sharing. One service that has yet to be fully tapped into is household services which are quite popularly known as Handyman services. Let’s look at a few stats regarding how this market is gaining traction.
- The home services market was valued at USD 370.86 million in 2021 and is forecasted to reach USD 1,826.35 million by 2030.
- The US Handyman service market size in 2022 was 4.7 billion.
- Handyman service in the US annualized market size growth for 2017–2022 is 3.1%.
While there are a few apps out there that offer limited handyman services, none have reached the level of ubiquity and success that Uber has accomplished. This is where an app like Uber for Handyman services enters the picture.
This article will explore how an Uber for Handyman app benefits the handyman service industry. We will look at the various features that a Handyman app like Uber would require and the cost associated with Handyman app development. By the end, you will better understand what goes into creating an on-demand service app and how much such a project might cost.
What Is a Handyman App Like Uber?
A Handyman app like Uber would be a great way to find local handymen in your area. With this app, you can view the handyman’s profile and read reviews. You can also see how much they charge for their services. You would also be able to request a quote from the handyman and schedule a time for them to come to your home or office. A professional will soon arrive at your home and take care of the particular household issue you are facing. Once that is done, you can rate and review the Handyman service.
What Are the Features of a Handyman App Like Uber?
A Handyman app like Uber would have the following features:
- A user-friendly interface that is easy to operate.
- A collection of several Handyman services to choose from.
- A robust appointment scheduler and a progress tracker.
A well-secured and efficient digital payment system.
- Push notifications to notify users on a timely basis about upcoming appointments.
- The ability to rate and review services.
- A 24/7 customer support team that is responsive and helpful regarding anything related.
Another essential set of features that this type of Handyman app should integrate, given the current situation, is an abundance of COVID-19 precautionary measures. It’s been over two years since the pandemic started. We know it has been responsible for many catastrophic events from an industrial point of view. Many businesses were forced to shut down.
But for your Handyman or any business to prevail and reap greater revenue in the present times, you should integrate features that battle the pandemic. This means ascertaining the safety of your Handyman employees and the customer base. Ensure the features and functionalities work based on zero-contact and social distance practices.
Some of them include the following:
- Handyman body temperature checker
- COVID-19 heat maps
- Smart “mask-on” functionality
The Benefits of an Uber For Handyman App
An on-demand Uber for Handyman app can greatly benefit businesses and individuals. For businesses, it can provide a convenient, affordable way to get routine maintenance and repairs done quickly and easily. There are many benefits to using an on-demand Uber for Handyman app.
- The most obvious benefit is that it is much more convenient than traditional methods of finding a qualified handyman. With an app like Uber, you can simply open the app, enter your location, and choose from a list of available nearby handymen. This saves you the trouble of searching for a qualified handyman in your area.
- The next benefit of using such an app is that it is often more affordable than traditional methods. When you use an app like Uber, you only pay for the services you use. There is no need to pay for costly advertising or marketing campaigns. The price you see is the price you pay-there are no hidden fees or charges.
- Also, an app like Uber for Handyman services can be a lifesaver when something breaks down, and you need help fast. With an app like Uber, you can have a qualified handyman at your door in minutes rather than hours or days. This can be invaluable when dealing with an emergency repair or situation, particularly in times like the present.
- Your application can also act as a platform to spread awareness regarding the pandemic and the importance of social distancing and using masks and sanitizers. Such an approach will bring widespread acclaim to your business as you prioritize the welfare of your employees and customers. This way, huge revenues will be earned, and your business will go even stronger into the future.
How Much Does it Cost to Create an Uber For Handyman App?
When it comes to the cost of Handyman app development, there are a few key factors that need to be considered.
- The major cost contributor is the cost of the actual development process itself. This can range anywhere from $50,000 to $250,000+, depending on the scope and complexity of the project. There is also the Handyman app development team which will add up to the cost.
- There are also ongoing costs associated with hosting, maintenance, updates, etc., which can add up over time.
- The next biggest cost factor will be marketing. To get your app in front of as many people as possible, you’ll need to invest in some form of marketing and advertising. This can range from online and social media campaigns to more traditional forms of advertising. Depending on your budget and target market, marketing costs can vary widely.
- Also, miscellaneous costs will need to be considered when creating an app like Uber. Payment processing fees, customer support, etc., can all add up over time and should be factored into your overall budget.
Handyman app development can cost anywhere from $50,000 to $1 million or more. Of course, the final price tag will depend on several factors, including the complexity of the project, and who you hire to develop the app. It also depends on how ambitious your vision is and the complexity of developing COVID-19 safety precautionary measures. This is because the latter is of prime-most importance.
The cost will vary depending on several factors if you’re looking to create an app like Uber for Handyman services. The most important thing to remember is that you’ll need to create a user-friendly interface that is easy for both handymen and customers. You’ll also need to market your app effectively so that people know of its existence and download it. With the right planning and execution, you can create an app like Uber for Handyman that is both affordable and successful. On top of all of this, you need to partner with an experienced clone app development company.
Get in touch with a company that is reputed for Handyman app development. Find out how they handle the process of developing the on-demand handyman app. Carefully look at their work, experience, client testimonials, and pricing before narrowing down on any of them to get your Handyman app developed and running successfully.