Air cargo transportation includes the delivery of goods within the country or international transportation. At the same time, the transport company uses both its own aircraft and the aircraft of its partners.
Priority of air delivery
Air transportation is ordered for the delivery of urgent goods – these are perishable products, flowers, animals, medicines, organs for transplantation, urgent correspondence, periodicals and other types. For high-security and dangerous goods, an airplane is the fastest mode of transport. Also, air transport is the most reliable and allows you to deliver cargo anywhere in the world, this is especially true for hard-to-reach automated palletizer in regions where there are no other means of communication.
Air transportation of cargo of different volumes and weights can be carried out by both cargo and passenger aircraft-regular and charter flights. If it is necessary to dock, there is an overload at the airport. For oversized and heavy cargo, weighing from 80 kg, cargo planes of different carrying capacities are used – small, medium and large.
For fast international delivery of goods or private parcels as combined cargo automated palletizer from door to door, air transport is part of multimodal cargo transportation.
Acceptance of an order for cargo transportation by a transport company
When an order for air cargo transportation is received, all the details of transportation are discussed with the customer, and the type of cargo is determined. Transportation services include:
- drawing up the optimal route;
- sorting of cargo by its type – regime, dangerous, prefabricated, oversized or heavy, urgent;
- packaging and labeling;
- in case of turnkey delivery, the cargo is taken from the sender’s warehouse and delivered to the airport, and
- upon arrival from the destination airport, it is transported by car to the warehouse or the recipient’s house;
- in case of international shipment, customs declarations are drawn up, the cargo is processed at the point of
- departure and the point of reception;
- responsible storage in a consolidation warehouse.
All cargo is tracked on the way, the recipient or sender is aware of the movement of the parcel – when it has arrived at customs, when it is in flight, when it has already been cleared at the automated palletizer point of arrival. International cargo transportation services also include cargo support. Import and export documents are drawn up, parcels and goods are inspected, packaged and labeled.
The accompanying documentation includes:
- air waybill-records information about the sender and recipient, loading and unloading addresses, transshipment and stops, details about the cargo – its weight, name, type, volume, number of seats;
- invoice – all information about the product, its characteristics and cost, details about the recipient and sender, the date and number of the order;
- packing list-an addition to the invoice( invoice), information about the packaging of each product;
- export declaration-is drawn up during the customs clearance of the cargo in the country of the sender.
In addition to transport documents, the carrier draws up a contract for transportation with the customer, which specifies its details, the obligations and responsibilities of the parties, additional services, the cost of transportation, terms and methods of dispute settlement. Cargo insurance for air transportation is mandatory.
Domestic air cargo transportation
If it is necessary to urgently deliver cargo within the country, air transport is also used. The duration of air delivery in Russia on average takes 1 day, plus the time for receiving and receiving cargo at airports.
The carrier engaged in air delivery provides its own air transport for cargo transportation. Additionally, you can order delivery to the door with an overload on a truck. The use of special equipment during loading and unloading, rigging works is paid additionally.
What should be taken into account when packing goods for transportation?
It is worth paying special attention to the following 3 automated palletizer groups of negative factors when packing large-sized cargo over long distances:
- Mechanical impact (vibrations, static and dynamic loads, all kinds of impacts, etc.);
- Biological factors (harm caused by insects, rodents, mold and other living organisms);
- Climatic factors (increased or decreased humidity, ambient air temperature, the presence of precipitation and solar radiation, etc.).
For the full safety of the transported goods, you should know how to protect them from all these harmful effects. The main task here is the selection of suitable packaging materials. The cargo can be transported in a certain container (packaging), a wooden crate of the cargo, without a container and in a partially packed form
What else do you need to know about packaging?
Packaging materials can also differ in the following types:
- Rigid cargo packaging(PEK, crate packaging, metal, plastic, etc.); Semi-
rigid (paper, cardboard, plastic);
- Soft type (film, packaging tape for pallets, made of fabric, combined from polymers).
Pallets and containers are not considered packaging materials. Currently, the most popular packaging is a film with air bubbles, which has proven itself well in international cargo transportation. Foam and stretch film are also very practical to use to protect against dust, dirt and minor mechanical influences.
Some additional tips for packing goods before shipping:
- It is recommended to transport cargo over long distances using sea containers or refrigerated containers, and to install a seal at the end of loading the goods;
- The weight of the goods should be distributed evenly in order to avoid automated palletizer damage to the cargo;
- It is also recommended to use pallets and moisture-proof packaging;
- It is not necessary to indicate on the container information about what is inside (brands, names, etc.).
Requirements for labeling of goods in the field of international cargo transportation
For the safety of cargo during transportation between states, special marking insignia is required. They will also be required when registering at customs. The marking itself is a complex of special signs, in a combination with which information about this product is encrypted.
It also contains the requirements for the transportation of this type of cargo, the delivery time and the destination. Also, additional necessary information may be present in the marking. This information is especially useful both for customs specialists and for the cargo carrier itself.