Remote working has become the new trendsetter in the market. With the increase in COVID-19 cases, companies have extended “Work from home” for employees and are even planning to shift towards permanent remote working in the future. The reason is that it benefits both employees and employers in various ways. However, to make sure that employees do not get bored in the house and maintain productivity, it is essential to use task management tools that will help them to know the statistics of the projects and keep proper track of the work done.
Why Are Companies Shifting Towards Remote Working?
As per various surveys and statistics, it has been found that employees work better while at home than at the office. Remote working has increased the productivity of employees and has brought profit to companies as well. What are companies going to get from remote working? Companies don’t have to worry about office rent, Wi-Fi costs, and other utilities that are needed to maintain a good work environment. They can save money and get good returns from the employees as well.
Here are some of the major benefits of remote working or work-from-home practice-
1. Better Work-Life Balance
Instead of working for 8 hours a day and spending another two hours reaching home, employees can now stay at home and work as per their convenience. Remote working has helped a lot in maintaining a proper balance between professional and personal life. You don’t have to wait for hours in the traffic to reach home, have dinner, and sleep on time. Now, you can simply log out after the work is done and spend some quality time with your family. It directly reflects on the performance and productivity of employees.
2. Better Productivity
It has been proven time and again that people who work from home provide better results than at the office. At home, a person can work from their comfort space without having to worry about wearing formal clothes, sitting on a stiff chair, or various other norms. An employee can work for hours if they are comfortable and have all the basic amenities. While at home, you get everything you need, due to which you get to provide optimum output. Work-from-home contributes to improving mental health and efficiency.
3. Improved Mental Health
We know how stressful that 9-5 job can be. It hampers your entire mental health, gives you stress, and most of the time, you don’t even get enough sleep. But remote working prevents that from happening. You get to have a fixed schedule, work for a stipulated time, and get enough time for doing things that you love. It helps in improving your mental health, removes stress, and keeps you sane. Companies can keep their workforce efficient and stable all the time by offering them the freedom to work from anywhere.
Why Do You Need a Task Management Tool?
Though working from home has several benefits, it is important to maintain discipline while doing the work. At home, there are several distractions that can hamper your work time and, in turn, affect your progress as well. To prevent that from happening, companies have started using task management tools to keep a proper track report of all its employees. What are the benefits of using such tools? Read on to find out.
– Task management tools help you in knowing the assigned projects, their progress, deadlines, and other requirements in real-time so that you don’t miss out on anything.
– These tools help project managers to segregate large projects into subtasks and assign them to suitable employees and track their progress. In
– Task management tools help the employees to remain disciplined. It shows you the milestones that you have completed and the amount of work left. Moreover, these tools even notify you about deadlines, meetings, events, and more.
– Employees can collaborate with their colleagues over such tools and know about their projects as well. It will help them get rid of the feeling of “loneliness” that usually occurs due to remote working.
– An employer can create different workspaces for different teams and projects. By doing so, it becomes easier to manage work and view overall progress at once. The project manager can direct the team or specific members based on the progress.
– Task management tools even help you find suitable candidates for the project. These tools monitor the performance rate of each employee and give the managers several options for assigning the project. A project manager can find out available resources with ease and allocate tasks to meet the deadline.
– With the help of a task management tool, you can easily distribute the workload amongst your team members. If the task is a huge one, you can seek help from your colleagues or let your managers know about the same and distribute it. Effective and real-time data sharing is also possible for better collaboration. Efficient distribution helps in completing the project on time and get good results.
– Most task management tools have in-built calendars so that you can view the tasks assigned to you throughout the week. Your team members can check their schedules and colleagues’ schedules at once through the scheduler and calendar features. By knowing the schedule for the whole week, you would be able to preplan your schedule and get enough time for all chores.
These were some of the noteworthy benefits that you can get by using the right task management tool. Though work from home is amazing, it is important to remain disciplined and not get distracted by other things and chores. It is of utmost importance that your team needs to remain productive irrespective of place of work.
In such cases, task management tool are quite useful and help you to know your progress rate and areas of improvement. Yes, these tools help you to remain disciplined while working from home. However, companies are yet to shift completely towards remote working, and when that happens, task management tools will become a great asset for both employees and employers. Till then, happy working!