Recommended for both home and office use, the Brother HL-2280DW Printer is known for its longevity and for providing excellent print quality. Once you complete the Brother HL 2280DW wireless setup, you can use any of your Wi-Fi-enabled devices to connect to the wireless network and print wirelessly. However, ensuring this requires you to follow the recommended guidelines carefully; otherwise you cannot print any of your documents or photographs. Here, we will discuss how to connect Brother HL-2280DW Printer to WiFi and help you gather more useful insights into the printer. Read on to explore them and get ready for experiencing an all-new journey into the world of printing.
Brother HL-2280DW User Manual
Although the process of setting up the Brother HL-2280DW Printer isn’t tricky, you should go through the user manual that comes along with the printer package. The manual has detailed information on printer specifications, the installation procedure, the setup guidelines, and many more. Once you go through the manual, it will be convenient for you to start using the printer and keep yourself prepared to troubleshoot any printer-related issues in the future.
Tips for Brother HL 2280DW Wireless Setup
Once you have a walkthrough of the Brother HL2280DW Printer manual, you can start setting up the printer using both the wired and wireless connection. Since, most of us today prefer wireless printing over the wired process, let’s have a look at the series of steps involved in setting up the HL-2280DW Printer wirelessly:
- Remove the printer from its package and keep it on a flat surface.
- Ensure that you have received all the required items such as the power adapter, USB cable, user manual, printer driver CD, etc.
- Connect the power adapter to an electrical socket and turn on the printer.
- Insert the printer installation CD into the optical drive of your computer to continue with brother hl-2280dw wireless setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the printer software.
- Use the “Up” or “Down” arrow keys on the printer to locate the list of available wireless networks in range.
- Ensure that the WPS feature of both your printer and the router are enabled.
- Once you locate your wireless network name in the list of available wireless networks, tap on it.
- Provide your wireless passphrase in the blank field and then tap on Connect.
How to Connect Brother HL-2280DW Printer to WiFi?
Once you complete the wireless setup of your Brother HL-2280DW Printer, you can connect the printer to Wi-Fi and use devices like laptops, smart phones, tablets, etc. to print wirelessly. To start with, press the WPS key on your router and ensure that the wireless feature is enabled on your Brother Printer. You can access the printer’s control panel to go to the network settings and locate your wireless network from the list of available networks. Once you locate the wireless network you want the printer to connect to, tap on it, provide the Wi-Fi passphrase, and tap on “Connect”. Finally, you can use wireless devices like laptop, Wi-Fi-enabled desktop computer, Android devices, iPhones, iPads, tabs, etc. to connect to the wireless network and wirelessly print your documents and photos.
Troubleshooting Brother HL-2280DW Printer Issues
While the wireless setup of Brother HL-2280DW Printer enables you to wirelessly print your documents, instances occur when you might encounter some issues of the printer. It includes issues like Brother Printer no paper error, printer offline, printer won’t print, etc. While there could be multiple factors that lead to the occurrence of such issues, you can follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods to get rid of most of the issues of your Brother Printer:
- Perform a quick restart of the printer. Disconnect all the cables attached to the printer and wait for about two minutes. Reconnect the cables to their respective slots and check if the problem is resolved.
- If you notice any jammed paper (s) inside your printer, first, remove the printer access door. Next, grab the jammed paper using both your hands and gently remove them from the printer. Ensure that no paper traces are left while you remove the paper from the printer.
- If you are barely able to see anything on your printouts, check for the required ink levels in the ink cartridges. If the ink levels are low, replace the cartridge (s) immediately.
- To resolve the printer offline issue, open the Control Panel on your computer and select “Devices and Printers”. Right-click your printer and select “See what’s printing”; choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top and then select “Use Printer Online”.
- If you are unable to print documents using the Brother HL-2280DW Printer, ensure that the device you are printing from and the printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Ensure that you have selected the correct wireless network and have provided the correct Wi-Fi passphrase to print wirelessly.
- If your Brother Printer won’t print and you have tried to fix the issue using any of the troubleshooting methods mentioned above; however, with no result, clean the printhead. Remove the printer access door and take out the printhead. You need to dip a clean cloth into lukewarm water and rinse the excess water from it to clean the printhead and place it back to the original position.
You can use Brother HL-2280DW Printer for printing your documents for both home and office space. Once you Connect Brother HL-2280DW Printer to WiFi, you can use any of your wireless-enabled devices to connect to the wireless network and print documents and photos wirelessly. All you need to do is first install the printer software by inserting the printer driver CD into the optical drive of your computer. Once the software installation is completed, you can access the printer control panel to look into the list of available wireless networks in range. Lastly, you can tap on the wireless network you want to connect to, provide the wireless network password, and connect your printer wirelessly.
Besides, you can follow the various troubleshooting methods mentioned here to resolve some of the most common issues of Brother HL-2280DW Printer and ensure a wonderful journey with your printing machine.