The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission or JKPSC 2021 exam forms have been announced on 11th March 2021 and the JKPSC 2021 prelims exam is said to go ahead on July 11th, 2021. There are a total of 187 vacancies for which the recruitment will take place.
The selection process comprises – Prelims, Mains and Interview/Personality Test. As the exam is only a matter of days, this article will list down some of the best JKPSC preparation tips that will help shape your last 15 days JKPSC preparation strategy.
JKPSC preparation: Exam Pattern
There are two papers in the Prelims exam as mentioned below both having multiple-choice questions. In total, 180 questions will be asked for a cumulative mark of 400 marks. The Prelims is only a qualifying exam and you have to score at least 33% to clear it. A negative marking of 0.33 marks applies for every incorrect answer.
|General Studies- Paper 1||100||200||120 minutes|
|General Studies -Paper 2 [Aptitude Test]||80||200||120 minutes|
JKPSC Preparation Strategy: Syllabus
Here is a brief look at the syllabus that you need to revisit in the last 15 days to be able to have a proper full-scale revision.
|GS- Paper 1
|● Current Affairs, National Issues, Business & Economics, Important Institutions [Domestic & International] and current changes,
● Indian Constitution & Polity
● Indian and World History & Freedom movements
● Film & Television
● General Science
● Indian & World Geography, Flora & Fauna
● Culture & Literature, Books & Authors
● Important Offices & Dignitaries
● Important Dates & Anniversaries
● Environment, Climate change, biodiversity,
● Sports and Recreation
● Economic and Social Development- sustainable development, poverty, demographics, govt. social initiatives and recent developments, etc.
|GS- Paper 2
|● Logical Reasoning & Mental Ability
● General mental ability
● Numbers Basics at Class 10th level [Numbers, orders of magnitude, etc.]
● Data Interpretation at Class 10th level [graphs, charts, tables, data sufficiency, etc.]
● Decision-making & problem solving
● Interpersonal skills including communication skills
JKPSC Preparation Strategy: Tips
- In the last 15 days, you need to focus on managing the complete paper in one go, emphasising time management and revision. For this, attempt at least 1 mock test per day. After that, do check if you are able to leave time for revision, whether any section needs more effort and whether you are able to sustain the level of concentration throughout the paper. This is the most important JKPSC preparation strategy.
- For the arithmetic and reasoning sections, you must emphasize the respective formulae and exam strategies. Revise the formulae from the major portions and revisit the specific answering techniques that you may have come across.
- The Data Interpretation section, in particular, does not take that much of your time as is feared. Barring the odd questions, you can get done with most questions quite easily.
- A crucial decision that candidates struggle to make is which section to start? While you must begin with the most comfortable section, our suggestion would be to get done with Paper 1 first because it is pretty straightforward and requires your memory to be fresh. Once its complete, move on to the next sections.
- For current affairs in various sectors, there is available JKPSC preparation online month-wise and subject-wise capsules that can smooth your preparation. As much as possible, make such capsules a primary source of revision and go through it at least twice in the last 15 days.
- Refer to newspapers and magazines such as Indian Express’ Explained and Editorial section and India Today, Yojana, etc. to brush up on topics that you may not have covered in your primary revision.
- To bolster your memory which is extremely central, incorporate creative learning and memorising techniques such as puzzles, quizzes, flow charts, diagrams and mind maps along as well as anagrams, mnemonics, keywords, etc. You can find more strategies on JKPSC preparation online resources.
- Due to the present shutdown situation, it is imperative you take advantage of the right JKPSC preparation online materials as much as possible. Dedicated preparation playlists, explainer videos, revision exercises, online assessment and feedback sessions can give you a much-needed boost and confidence in the last 15 days.
- Negative marking of 0.33 marks is one of the highest compared to other exams. Therefore, refrain from guesswork as it does more harm than good. Further, you need to just score above 33% to enter the next stage.
- In-depth preparation in the Prelims exam forms a foundation for the more comprehensive Mains exam, so don’t take this lightly.
- For Revision, here are a few books that will help:
- General Studies by McGraw Hill Publication
- Indian Heritage, Art, and Culture by Madhukar Kumar Bhagat
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning book by R.S. Aggarwal
- Geography of India by Majid Husain
- NCERT General Studies by McGraw Hill Publications
JKPSC 2021 Preparation: Key Takeaways
- Time Management: You have 2 hours to attempt a question paper of 100 questions in Paper 1 and 80 questions in Paper 2. Therefore, as you have a little more than 70 seconds per question and 90 seconds per question, don’t get stuck at one question. Note it for revision and go back to it at the end.
- Revision: Always allocate 5-8 minutes at the end of each section for revision. During revision, revisit the questions you skipped, redo lengthy calculations and double-check whether you have marked your answers correctly on the OMR sheet or screen. It can save you all-important 3-4 marks which may make the difference.
- Don’t Panic and Look after Yourself: Remain calm and composed during the preparation phase as well as in the exam hall. Take adequate rest in the last week or so, rejuvenate yourself and drink plenty of liquids. This as much a test of the strength of resilience as it is of power of intellect. Have faith in your abilities and ace it.
if you want to read more education blog than visit here or you can write for us education
Be optimistic and give your best.